Thursday 10 January 2013

intro



I’M THE OUTSIDER, THE OBSERVER 
THE OUTCAST, THE WORD CONSERVER 
I’M INSPIRED BY THE STREETS 
SOME DAY IT WILL BE IN MY BIOGRAFFITI 

(Hanoi Rocks - Street Poetry)

I've always wanted to keep a blog. In fact, I have, many times. The longest one was when I spent a few months in Belgium as an au pair - it was a way to tell the people back at home what I's been up to and to let them in my life.

Ever since I returned to Finland, I've had the urge to keep log of what happens to me, but the reality is that not a lot happens. That's why I tried to start a blog about my field of study and what happens in the world of media and events. However, that was very short-lived, since I just didn't have the energy to do research for school AND for a blog. Then I tried to start a blog about what I receive and send in the mail, but usually I'm too excited when I receive a letter to first photograph it - and I also didn't want to be labeled solely as a 'mail blog'. And then I went through my Google Reader (all 149 of the blogs I have listed there) and tried to figure out what kinds of blogs I like to read. Why? Well, because I have impeccable taste, of course! So, if I could figure out what makes me reads the blogs I do, I could incorporate that into my own blog and then everybody would like to read my blog because it would be awesome. 
source: google.com

How disappointed I was when I realized there was no single 'thing' that stood out. I follow a lot of different blogs. The only thing they seemed to have in common was that I liked the person who wrote it (their style of writing, the contents of the blog, what they share with their readers). Most of the blogs I read are very normal blogs where people document their everyday life. So be it! From now on, I will document my everyday life... maybe knowing that I have to write about it will make it more interesting?

Because I'm always a bit late from everything, I did not start this blog the first of January, which would be the OCD way to do this - neat and organized. Since I'm neither of those, I guess 10th is as good a day as any!

I look forward to finding out which direction this blog will go to - hopefully there's someone out there reading that does, too!

2 comments:

  1. Personal blogs really don't get as much love as they deserve. I look forward to seeing what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try to keep it interesting. (:

      Delete